11 Steps Involved In The Preparation Of A Breakfast Buns
— Butter – 3 tablespoons
— Fresh shiitake mushrooms – ½ cup
— Spinach – 2
— Black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
— Shredded sharp cheddar cheese – 1 ½ cups
— Thin pizza crust – 11 ounces
— Baby spinach – 1 cup
— Fresh sage leaves – 6
Instructions to Follow
1) Get the oven preheated to 400˚F and then line the baking dish with parchment paper.
2) Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and then add butter, mushrooms and sausage. Cook for about 4 minutes as you stir frequently until the mushrooms are tender and the sausage thoroughly heated. After that, remove from the skillet.
3) In a medium bowl, beat eggs and then add salt and pepper. After that, whisk until well beaten. Add butter into the same skillet and then place over medium heat.
4) Add the egg mixture and then cook for about 3 minutes as you stir frequently until firm and moist. Stir in cheese and then remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5) Sprinkle a cutting board with flour. Unroll pizza dough over the board and then press into a 14×10-inch rectangle.
6) Evenly top with the remaining cheese, eggs and sausage mixture and then press down slightly. Sprinkle the chopped spinach over the eggs evenly.
7) Begin with the short end and then tightly roll up the dough as you pat the sides to retain the length of about 10 inches.
8) Pinch the edges to seal. Reshape the buns as you press the tops slowly down. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
9) Place a skillet over medium heat and then melt about 1 tablespoon of butter. Add sage leaves and then cook for about 2 minutes as you turn frequently until crisp.
10) Remove sage to a paper towel and then crumble. Reserve the butter in a skillet. Remove the buns from the oven and then brush the sides with the butter that you have reserved. Bake for a minute longer.
11) Sprinkle each of the buns with the crumbled sage leaves and then serve them warm.
Nutritional Level Data
— Calories per serving: 420
— Carbohydrates: 28g
— Protein: 21g
— Fat: 25g
— Sugar: 3g
— Sodium: 770mg
— Fiber: 1g